Currently Scheduled Workshops
Choose your location and date in the order dropdown box or tell me which workshop you're attending in the notes at checkout.
2018: October 13 & 14 - Marrakech Morocco
2019: September 27 & 28 - Snowmass Colorado
2019: October 18 & 19 - Florence Italy
Reserve your Spot for a Lightroom Workshop
Day 1 Morning Session
Lesson: Make three totally unique edits of one image and save them each to a different collection.
Learn About: The important parts of the development panel for making global adjustments affecting the look and feel of the entire image.
- Basic Adjustments: camera & lens corrections, perspective, cropping & straightening, how to read a histogram, black & white point vs shadows & highlights, white balance, chromatic aberrations, hue/saturation/luminance, split toning, how to use the tone curve during editing, denies and sharpening.
- Saving and using presets
- Creating and saving multiple edits of one image
Day 1 Afternoon Session
Lesson: Edit three of your own images using both global and zone edits. Export each of them to your desktop in three different sizes.
Learn About: Making clean zone edits to call attention to one small part of the overall image.
- Radial and Grad filters, Filter brush
- Luminosity and Color selections
- Replace tool - dust spots and other stuff
- Instructors edit their own photos with step by step explanation of their choices.
- Export your edited images - Set up and save export settings. Common sizing and general rules for image export
Day One Wrap up - Common mistakes and how to avoid them:
- Chromatic abbe-what?
- HDR ick
- Clarity and sharpening oh my
- How and when to use filters and presets
Day 2 Morning Session
Lesson: Make three unique edits - one HDR image, one black and white image, make a bold color choice or add depth using dodging and burning.
Learn About: creative editing inside Lightroom
- When to do further edits: theory about focal points in an image; directing a viewers attention.
- HDR in Lightroom even from a single image
- Panorama in Lightroom
- When to convert to black and white
- Color selections, variations and creative choices
- Luminance masking
- Dodging and Burning in Lightroom
Day 2 Afternoon Session
Lesson: Edit all five of your own images to have a consistent look.
Learn About: making consistent edits to really define your style
- Do you need a workflow?
- LR Classic & CC together
- Synching adjustments across multiple images
- Consistency across edits - making several images feel the same
- 3rd party plugins
- When has a creative edit gone too far
Bonus if there’s time: what are the advantages to learning Photoshop?